Life After College

2:36 PM


College has came and gone with a blink of an eye. I recently just graduated, and now I'm thinking about what I want to do for my future. As a recent graduate, I am scared, nervous, and excited all at the same time! I really don't know what life has in store for me, and that is what makes me scared because I love to plan out the next steps ahead of me. But it also makes me excited because I have the freedom to do anything. Some people who graduate college already have set jobs for them, for me I graduated with Sociology, which I love but it is a very general major I could do absolutely anything with it, I could even continue school (but breaks are always good too). If there are any recent graduates like me, here are some ideas I think are best for us to pave our future:

  • BREATHE! It isn't the end of the world if you don't have your future set out for you right away. 
  • TRAVEL: If time and money allows you take that advantage and go for it! Go somewhere you've never been before or visit family from another state. 
  • JOB SEARCH: This is the category I'm in at the moment, I would love to travel but I need to find a job first in order to travel. I'm currently looking for jobs that pertain to my degree, but if there aren't any at the moment find something that will help you saving money so that you have the ability to travel or even start paying student loans. (NOOOO).
  • TAKE UP A HOBBY: I have so much I want to do this summer that you will see in a future post. Find something you always wanted to do and try it out. 
  • CONTINUE YOUR EDUCATION: School isn't for everyone, but if you want to pursue your Master's or Doctor's then go back to school. For me, I want to gain experience in the work field to see if I want to even have that certain degree and if I don't like it, I know that I tried it out. 
In the end, we need to be happy with what we choose and not freak out soo much. There may be a point in a life that I might do something totally opposite of my degree and that is awesome too! Just don't forget to breathe and know that in the end everything will be okay!

What are some tips for a recent graduate?

Best,



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Subscribe