Those Anxious Moments.

10:00 AM


Since my freshman year in college, now and then I would have this tightening in my chest where I just want to SCREAM! It feels like I was caffeinated x100 but I never had coffee. I’m not officially diagnose with an Anxiety disorder, but I would just feel really anxious needing to walk around or drink water. I thought that it was from the stress of college, and balancing extra curricular things. But  now that I am out of school I still get them (for example right now, hence I’m writing this blog). It would come out of the blue, when I’m sitting down, relaxing. So I found ways to cope with it:

  1. BREATHE - I think this is the #1 priority when you ever have these moments. Sometimes we are thinking “go, go, go!” when we forget to relax and just have deep breaths. Meditation helps soon much for those who have anxiety, it decreases stress and future sicknesses. 
  2. MUSIC - Since I was little, music has been my getaway whether it be to just listen, dance, cry, laugh, etc. Music has been the best creation on Earth! 
  3. WRITE/BLOG - I love journaling, it helps me focus on how I feel that day, and why I’m feeling this way. I also capture inspiring things that I would like to remember in the future. Not only do I write in my journals, but I also love to doodle or practice my makeup on face charts. 
  4. EXERCISE - Now, you don’t have to go hard core, but something simple like talking a walk and getting some fresh air would be a type of exercise. Yoga, is always great too it helps you center yourself and not have to think about a million and one things that you might have on your plate. 
  5. CAT NAPS - Sometimes, when I have anxious moments it tires me out and so I take 15-30 minute naps to reboot myself and energizing myself. 

If these aren’t things that you find comforting, figure out what are your hobbies or what do you enjoy the most. Those things would help you out tremendously when you’re having a moment. Once again, a reminder would be to not rush life and take it easy from time to time. You’re body will thank you in the long run!

How do you cope with anxious moments?
Best,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Subscribe