Catchin' Up w/ Aysia.

10:00 AM


It's been awhile since I last wrote, and it's partly from a writer's block but mostly from trying to figure out where my next life steps will be. So enjoy this ramble whilst I catch you up on my life! 
This past week I have been applying to a ton of jobs, my main focus when searching for jobs was something pertaining to my degree, but Sociology is such a broad major that I could do practically anything. So then I focused on what I have already done work wise and what other jobs I could find with these experiences because now days that all jobs look at is the experience you gained and how experienced you really are. So for me it's Office Work and Barista life. I enjoyed Barista life, but with loans coming up and wanting to travel I knew that I wouldn't make much so Office jobs it was. Office jobs make a decent amount plus added benefits that are MUCH NEEDED. Every morning I would be on Craigslist, Indeed, and my University's job site finding suitable matches for me. I applied to Goodwill as an "Employee Counselor" and I thought it was an awesome job since I want to create a non-profit that helps young adults find jobs or possible college enrollments. I got a phone interview thru HR Dept. but she recommended a secretary position instead because I don't have Case Manager experience (sigh). She mentioned that it would be a good foot in the door to lead to Case Manager and also potential state jobs. So I took her suggestion, applied, had an interview, and as of today I'm EMPLOYED as a Secretary! I'm truly excited and grateful. It took a lot of patience as well as rejections but I believe that my luck is turning up -- Mars is finally getting out of RETROGRADE!! So once I complete the paperwork, I will be able to start working and saving $$!

On the weekends I have been attending CNA classes that I heard from a friend and on the plus side it was FREE!! We've doing clinicals at a long term care hospital and I must say it has been an experience for me! We have done some pretty amazing things and met some awesome residents. A Nurse Aide work so hard for the residents and I respect them so much! The residents are always fun to talk to as well. They are usually so cooped up in their room that they just need someone to listen to them and keep them company. I'm not too sure if I'll apply to a CNA job anytime soon but I'm glad to have this option under my belt. 

During my free time on weekdays I have been filming makeup looks because I'm out of prerecorded videos. I'm creating a slideshow for my brother's graduation party, I'm trying to make it unforgettable so inspiration please bless me!! I have also been working out at the community park with my boyfriend and his siblings. I use to HATE working out but I'm enjoying it a lot. -- summer body here I come!! 

That is pretty much it from this past month. I have a few blog posts that will be on it's way up and posted so stay tuned for that!!

How are you? What's something new you have been doing!! 

Best,


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Subscribe