Graduation.

9:30 AM


College Graduation. 

Waking up early eager to put the cap and gown on. 

Heading down to stand in a pool full of other college graduates, 1800 students to be exact! (All of that debt!) 

Walking into the auditorium with so much family and friends waiting for you to enter to cheer you on.

Mother crying her makeup off because of all the heartfelt pride within her. 

Listening to all of the "be the best you there is" speeches from 4 different people. 

Finally standing up to get your diploma.

Anxiety arises once I step on that stage hoping to NOT fall.
Nailing that handshake while grabbing for my diploma. 

Waiting another hour for the other students to get their diploma. 

Taking 10 minutes to exit the traffic filled auditorium to get to the lei ceremony. 

Seeing my family with wide smiles on their faces, feeling the warmth in their welcome. 

Taking pictures, hugging, crying, kissing, laughing, lei-ing. 

Neck filled with leis that your face is almost hidden. 

Relaxing with family while eating such yummy food. 

Thanking everyone for coming. 

Feeling grateful. 








I have completed 4 years of college, and I'm proud of myself. College didn't only teach me text book lessons, but it has taught me so much more about myself. I have made life long friendships, understood my strengths and weaknesses, gained weight ("freshman 15 and over), lost weight (occasionally), had meltdowns, stayed up late to "study" (what I mean by this is skimming notes, then watching Netflix), head down to the local bar to hang out with friends and make memories, travel around the island,  accomplish goals that I didn't know was possible. College was a great experience some days good and other days not so much. I appreciate everything that life has thrown to me, and I know that this is just the beginning! 


Best,




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Subscribe