#girlswithgoals: Valerie Schmidt

8:00 AM



VALERIE SCHMIDT

I'm very excited for this segment! If you haven't heard what this is about read HERE. My first guest is Val! I met Val about 3-4 years ago through my sorority, we helped out her and her friend's non-profit organization, Bella Project. She has inspired me to create my own non-profit in the future and to always give back to the community. My main focus is to help young women who are in low-income or homeless and help them be the best version of themselves! Val is very kind, always lends a helping hand and is a gorgeous pageant woman! Check out her interview:

1. Tell us a little about yourself: 

I'm a Financial Advisor.  Next year will be my 20th year anniversary.  I enjoy learning more about the industry which allows me to add more designations after my name.  Currently, I have the CFP, ChFC, CFS and AEP designations.  

2. Tell us what Bella Project is all about?  

The Bella Project is a nonprofit that provides prom dresses to girls who can't afford to go to prom, are special needs, or critically ill.  Last year we provided over 500 dresses to high school girls. 




3. How long have you been doing pageants?  

I did one pageant before my son was born, maybe it was year 2000.  Then I started to compete again after he was born in the year 2005.  It was a way to challenge myself to get into shape and take care of myself.  I haven't competed in about 2 years.  I have mentored other young girls or supported various pageants as they do community service.  



4. What are one of your biggest accomplishments thus far?  

This changes on-going.  After my son was born, the biggest accomplishment was balancing being a mom and working at the same time.  Two years ago, it was being nominated by the Pacific Business News for being Woman of the year then receiving the Woman of Year by the Organization of Woman Leaders.  Now, I would say my biggest accomplishment is working to be a better version of myself. 

5. Who do you consider to be your role model? 

My great grandmother was my first role model as she served the community by being the first woman Buddhist minister.  I look up to a variety of women who give back to the community in big ways.  I aspire to do more than I am currently doing.  

6. Being that you are always so busy with BP, work, and family, what do you like to do on your downtime?  

I enjoy watching movies with my family.  I also like reading and going for walks or exercising.  All of these activities help me to stay balanced.  



7. Do you have any future goals in mind?  

Every year I write out new goals for myself.  This is on what I want to do within my role as a financial advisor as well as how to grow/support the Bella Project.  I also think about the bigger picture of what type of legacy or footprint do I want to leave in this world.

8. What is a quote that you live by? 

When I was growing up I was always told,  "Adversity makes you stronger."   I am now focusing on "Peace begins with me." 

THANK YOU VAL you're definitely a #girlwithgoals!

Stay tuned for more!
Best,



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Subscribe