Book Review #3: #GIRLBOSS

10:00 AM


"I may not of gone where I intended to go, but I think I’ve ended up where I needed to be." - 
Douglas Adams via #GIRLBOSS


This is one of the quotes that stuck with me from this book, and what made me want to continue reading. This book has brought out my confidence into doing things I know I'm capable of doing but never imagined to do. As a current college graduate, who has no definite plans in life but knows there is something out there for me to make a difference - this book made it certain that I am here for a reason. 



Sophia is the creator of Nasty Gal Vintage Clothing who started selling thrift store items on eBay. She started from nothing and came up successful as ever. In this book she talks about where she came from, and where she is now. She doesn't cupcake anything in life because she knew how hard it was and the process to be where she is. Nothing in life is handed to you on a silver platter (unless you won the lottery), we must work for it and work hard to get where we want to be. One of the first steps is to not be lazy! 

I love how at the ending of all of her chapters she has a personal story about someone she knows and how they became #GIRLBOSSES. They all came down from nothing and worked their way up. 

She also explains how to be a business woman, and has a brief chapter on resumes, interviews, appearances which is what I always love to improve on. 
Sophia is a very outgoing person, which I loved because she showed it on these pages and she owns it! She explains that if you are outgoing to always own it and never hide it away to follow "society." We are meant to create and to put our best, unique self forward. 

I highly recommend this book if you want to be your own #GIRLBOSS and inspire yourself and those around you!!

What are other books you have read recently? Have you read this book, what do you think?

Best,



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Subscribe