5 ways to relieve STRESS!

2:23 AM



In college, well life in general we all deal with stress, it's human nature. There is good stress and there is bad stress.  Personally (and I think I speak for everyone)  I despise bad stress! It is the worse and with my stress, it's best friend named "Anxiety" comes along to join the party. There are days when life is great, and other days when stress just wants to hang out. But fear not, here are some ways to relieve the stress and take a breather. 




  • Reading -- I love reading! My favorites genres to read are fiction, mysteries, fantasy and some romance. I also love motivational books to keep me going! Being a college student all I read are textbooks and those are no fun, so it is always great to find some time in your day to venture out into another realm. Here are two "zen" books I am reading right now. These books are for my "Mindfulness" class but I love that I can also use it outside of class. These books help you focus being in the "now."

  • Drinking Tea -- My new year's resolution is to drink more tea than coffee and so far I have being doing great. My roommate and I bought cute mugs from Starbucks and we love to drink our cuppa' during our homework time. This is the tea I am currently sippin' -- it is "Buchu Superfruit" it is an organic herbal tea that has a variety of berries. Super sweet and just right. 

  • Journaling -- I've been journaling since I was in elementary but out of all the journals I purchased I have only completed one full book. I either end up losing the book or want a new style. Either way I still love journaling, it keeps my mind off of stress and I can create anything I please. That is another resolution of mine -- to finish a full journal!

  • Mini Spa -- This is a MUST when stress occurs. To put a mask on and lay down for 15 minutes is always relaxing. The two masks on the left are easy ones to use. They are just sheets of paper soaked in certain flavors that help illuminating, brightening, dark circles, spots, etc. *TIP* Before putting on the masks put them into the fridge for 5 minutes to chill them and put them on your face, the coolness relaxes your skin and stress disappears for that moment.

  • Yoga/Meditating/Devotions: -- Yoga is a perfect way to let go of all of the tension in our muscles and to focus on positive things. I'm currently taking a yoga class here at my school and I love it so much. It's the first thing I do in the morning and gets me pumped for the day. Meditation is good to also start and end the day. As soon as I wake up I take a breather and before I fall asleep I breathe and try to be mindful of the moment. If those are something you don't enjoy, daily bible devotions are good too -- reading about God is also a way to meditate and focus on the positives. 
These are my techniques to conquer stress, it'll always be here but we must take a break from time to time and let our bodies rest. What are ways you deal with stress?

Best,








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Subscribe