All For The Hype: Pokemon Go.

10:00 AM


I actually cannot believe I'm writing about a game on my blog. Everyone is talking about Pokemon Go which has only been out for a little less than a week. The night it was released my boyfriend, his siblings, and I downloaded it immediately. At first we were lost at what the object of the game was and then once we captured one Pokemon, 3 hours later we ended up with about 10 on the first night - talk about addiction - and it didn't stop there. The next day everyone was talking about it, so much people jumped on band wagon it made the servers crash! Like I said, it's been about a week and I'm already on level 7, and my boyfriend is on the verge of level 10!


Here are some things that I love about it:
  • It's a physical game so you can walk around your neighborhood, play + exercise (killing two birds with one stone).
  • You're apart of the game, a virtual reality!
  • You can compete with your family and friends on who can catch the most, so it's more like a bonding experience, to me.
  • IT'S POKEMON, I mean who doesn't love them?!
Somethings that make me want to throw my phone:
  • Servers are down...all. the. time.
  • Phone freeze midway through my hunting (I still haven't caught a Pikachu!!)
  • I always have to sign into my Google everytime I open the app.
  • Phone dies most of the time...but that's because I have an iPhone 5c, hehe.
Although I am a fan of the first generation Pokemon, it has become a little overrated. I guess that is what happens when you find something "underground" and when it becomes mainstream it's too much to bare. It's similar to the radio, when they play the same three songs again and again. But nonetheless, I'm still going to be playing it until I beat my boyfriend.


Here are some tips + tricks on playing the game:
  • If you're hunting a Pokemon and you miss them, tap onto the Poke Ball as soon as it drops so that you can re-collect it.
  • If you're not in the mood to walk around but would like your egg to hatch immediately. Attach it to a ceiling fan, this will gain the km quicker. But wrap it safely to avoid your phone from cracking. (It's silly, but it works!)
  • If you want to level up, use an Incense to attract Pokemon near you. It lasts for 30 mins and you usually catch about 4-5 in one sitting.
  • Poke Shops reload every 5 minutes.
  • "Lures" are located on Poke Shops, which is similar to an Incense but is accesible to everyone near by for 30 minutes.
  • Give a Pokemon a Rasberry to distract them while you're trying to catch them.
All is fun and games, but also be SAFE:
  • Travel in groups so that you avoid issues. There has been multiple crimes in the mainland due to Pokemon Go.
  • In order to play, you must look at your phone, but also be aware of your surroundings.
  • NO DRIVING WHILE PLAYING!!! We can become easily distracted by the Pokemon in the area so we could get hurt if unaware. If someone is in the car, ask them to hunt for you :)
Although we all know it is an overrated game, I'm still going to play because...we gotta catch 'em all! (nerdy outro...nailed it!)

Do you play Pokemon Go? Who is your favorite Pokemon?
 
Best,
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Subscribe