Book Review #4 - The Alchemist.

3:22 PM

 

I FINALLY FINISHED THIS BOOK! It usually doesn't take me that long to read books. Honestly, when I first started reading this book it was hard for me to picture what was going on and the way they describe things in such detail or metaphorically was a struggle for me to comprehend. But as I was getting into the ending of the book everything that I read made sense and I appreciated the book, a lot!

My sister introduced me to this book and was excited for me to start it. So here is what I learned, as well as enjoyed from this book:

With not getting into full detail, this book is about a shepard who learns about a treasure far from where he is, this becomes his Personal Legend (or Destiny). So he goes onto a journey on search for this treasure. On his journey he meets a Gypsy woman, a man who might be a king, and an Alchemist. He goes on an adventure that comes with challenges, but helps him find out who he is, by doing so he needs to listen to his heart. Basically, he goes through Life and see what it has to offer and what he can offer Life.

This book is perfect because I am now learning how to be an adult OUTSIDE of college and trying to find myself and where my Personal Legend will lead me. Things that I got out from this book:
  • Find your passion, and do what makes you happy not what makes others happy.
  • You will stumble upon challenges in life, but DONT GIVE UP! Continue to listen to your heart and go forth.
  • Shortcuts are not the "easy" way out. Your destiny is meant to have challenges because that is how you learn your lessons.
  • Try to not surround yourself with negative people, because they will bring you down and lead you off of the path you should be on.
  • And in the words of Roxette "LISTEN TO YOUR HEART"
Quotes from the book:
  • "To Realize One's Destiny is a Person's Only Obligation."
  • Remember that where ever your heart is, there you will find your treasure."
  •  So, I love you because the entire UNIVERSE conspired to help me find you!"
 
Have you read this book? What was your favorite part? Any new books that you have been loving so far?!
 
Best,


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Subscribe