Scrumptious Lip Exfoliator

10:00 AM


I must say that lip exfoliators are my best friends! Every time I exfoliate, I always feel like I'm receiving a new fresh pair of lips (weird). Before exfoliators I would just use chapsticks, or unintentionally bite my lips..which led to bleeding lips (gross!). I soon found out that I needed a new balm, because chapsticks only make your lips even more chapped!

I usually go for Lush's Mint Julips Exfoliator, but town is so far from where I live and money apparently doesn't grow on trees so I had to McGiver some things that I have at home. There are many simple, recipes online to exfoliate your lips and the one that I am about to share has been on many many different sites as well. Here is the recipe below:

  • 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
  • Dash of honey (or your preferred consistency with the sugar and honey combined).
To me, I think brown sugar is grittier than white sugar, which is a bit more fine.

Once you have your ingredients just get a little class bowl and combine the two until the sugar has blended well with the honey and majority of the sugar isn't loose. Then you scoop up a decent amount (to your liking, but don't go over board) and scrub your lips like your life depended on it. I usually scrub until I notice all of the dead skin has been removed. I usually scrub for 30 seconds, wash off, scrub once more, and wash off. I love to wash it in lukewarm water.

As soon as you're done with exfoliating, apply a lip balm that will bring back some moisture. I am currently using a Rose Hip Lip Balm that soothes my lips instantly!

And that is the completed recipe. I like to exfoliate my lips at least 2 times a week, anything more than that seems excessive and prevents new skin to form.

What are some simple beauty recipes that you like using? Any other lip exfoliator recipes?

 Best,


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I'd end up just eating this, haha. It sounds lovely!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Subscribe