Hamama Falls.

9:00 AM








Hamama Falls; a struggle to find, a mystery to walk, a treasure found! My sister just landed and of course she wanted to hike. I love hiking, but it has to be with those who love to hike as well. We were originally suppose to go to Crouching Lion Hike, but reading some blogs we heard that it takes 5 hours! Yeaaaaah, not about that life. So the next hike on her list was Hamama Falls. This is located in the heart of residential area in Kaneohe. Parking was quite hard to find due to no parking signs, but after actually taking the time to read the signs, we found out that the rules are not enforced until the next day (score!). 
So we entered the hike, there was a gate that blocked the entrance (bummer) but as we observed the gate was only blocking cars, we could simply walk around it. In the beginning it was a fairly easy hike, no incline, no rocky areas, and beautiful greenery (and spiders as you can see in picture above, I was running away). It was kind of a confusing hike because we could hear the waterfall and then at times there was no sound at all. Some times we would walk up and then straight down straying away from the mountain. Being that we went sooo early there was no one there and it was very peaceful, but eerie. We found numerous ponds, and mini falls.
The area gave me a "Stranger Things" type of vibe. First of all the area was owned by the government, so technically it was private property, then they had random buildings that no one was allowed to enter. I'm pretttyyy sure Eleven was some where in those buildings. I honestly felt as though there was eyes on us the whole time. Then as we were getting closer the incline was all too real, I WAS DYING!! I need to get back to "working out." 
It's been about 2 hours and I was over this hike! As soon as I said that I heard the water fall again, I felt the temperature change with some cool breeze. Few seconds later the waterfall APPEARED!! I must say the hike was well worth the struggle to see such a beautiful waterfall. It was just my sister and I and so we got as close as we could to the mountain. As soon as my head touch the water, I was INSTANTLY HAPPY!! I felt like a child who was just given a dollar!! I was in my zone, enjoying the moment, being one with the waterfall it was amazing. Once I was done I honestly felt like a rejuvenated person (not joking!!). We headed back down and before we headed back down we got to capture such an amazing view. We were elevated about 6000 ft up! I was speechless and grateful. 
The walk down was quicker, which was perfect because I had to pee, and I was hungry! Before we reached the bottom, we were almost attacked by a SWARM of 1,000 bees (no exaggeration!). It sounded as if a huge drone was above us, but it was just mad bees (no idea why, probably government things). We RAAAAAAAN, and I pictured the movie My Girl in my head the entire time (RIP Thomas). In the end, we were safe and went to go eat some yummy acai!! 







"She is water 
Soft enough to offer life 
Tough enough 
To drown it away" 
- rupi kaur 

Have you tried this hike?! You must!

Best, 





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Subscribe