Book Review #4: alt.sherlock holmes

10:00 AM

 

My love for Sherlock Holmes, mystery stories, mystery video games, and shows has grown exponentially fonder! I love trying to solve mysteries and seeing who potentail suspects would be. It's fun and educational in a way. Sherlock Holmes has been one of my go to TV Shows, and games. I watch the BBC Sherlock Holmes with Benedict Cumberbatch and the American "Elementary" TV show. So when I was in Barnes and Noble I had to look for mystery books, low and behold this twist of a book!

alt.sherlock holmes is based off of Sherlock Holmes stories but turned into different scenarios, genres, and characters. There are three short stories within the book that talks about Sherlock Holmes but in different time zones. In the first story he is disguised as a fortune teller who lives on a circus with John Watson being an African American, second story he is actually a she with John Watson being a college doctor, and last story is the OG Sherlock Holmes but he and John Watson are lovers!

They still include Mycroft, Irene Adler, Moriarty, and their Landlady. He somehow always ends up living in 221 Baker St. or a form of that address. Out of all 3 stories I loved the first story. Being that it was a short story they were unable to complete the entire book. I wish that one was extended into an entire story so that I know what happens in the end, but I guess we could leave that to imagination.

So if you're a fan of the Sherlock Holme's novels, shows, etc. I would check this one out, it's something new but nothing beats the OG Sherlock!

Have you read this book? What were your thoughts on it? Any other Sherlock Holmes stories that you would reccomend?  
 
Best,
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Subscribe